Choir seniors leave a legacy

Eric+Ruben+%28right%29+finds+that+choir+will+be+beneficial+as+he+prepares+for+college.+

Sarah Brooks

Eric Ruben (right) finds that choir will be beneficial as he prepares for college.

For years our choir has been singing and entertaining, but for a few the journey ends this year.

The road has been a long one filled with hard work and memories. Senior Paolo Fernandez said his last year here is bittersweet.

“Most of my friends are going to be leaving this year or they’ll be staying here, and it’s very sad but I know they’ll do good in whatever they’ll do,” Fernandez said.

Seniors are known to be a positive example, leaving an impression on underclassmen. In choir it is no different.

Eric Ruben believes the attitudes seniors have is a reflection of Heritage and can influence how younger students act.

“Whatever we do impacts them as much as it impacts us. How we behave that’s the way they see us, you know. That’s how they see Heritage and how they see the Coyote Spirit,” Ruben said.

Although the seniors have made their mark, Mr. Bourdier still advises his students to continue to work hard to reach their highest potential.

“You always have to work to improve and apply effort to any task that’s in front of you. Whether it’s reading music and singing or whether it’s anything beyond high school,” said Bourdier.

Bourdier’s motivation has paid off and now some of the seniors have found that choir is helpful outside of high school too.

Ruben said he plans to study vocal music in college and knows his time here is essential.

He also encourages others to take choir not only to learn how to sing but use it for the benefit of others.

“We can leave a legacy because we’re [showing]… everyone else who’s coming into this school that you can join choir because it’s a fun thing where you can learn, sing, enjoy and entertain,” Ruben said.