Senior takes her final bow

Mercedes+Ardnt+%28middle%29+portrayed+her+last+lead+role+in+this+years+UIL+One+Act+Play.++

Deb Arndt

Mercedes Ardnt (middle) portrayed her last lead role in this year’s UIL One Act Play.

Courtney Madden, Reporter

Our theatre department has advanced to regionals in the UIL One Act Play competitions within the past three years.

One Coyote has helped lead the theatre pack to their achievements.

Mercedes Arndt has played lead roles in every One Act Play throughout all of her years in high school.

She has dedicated her last year in high school to focusing on preparing herself for her future career.

“This is definitely where I’ve learned everything and what it means to be a person and what it means to be a friend,” Arndt said.

Arndt thinks that playing Jean Brody in this year’s UIL One Act Play was difficult because everyone’s idea of Jean Brody was different.

She has collected bits and pieces of everyone else’s ideas and morphed them into one character.

Despite Arndt overcoming challenges, she still struggles with certain aspects of performing.

“You have to be wrong sometimes so you can learn what’s right so you know what to do to develop even further, so overcoming that fear is definitely a big obstacle for me,” Arndt said.

Everyone that Arndt comes in contact with is moved by her dedication to theatre and her passion for her friends.

“[Mercedes’] dedication has never slowed down since the beginning of her freshman year, she’s been someone I can rely on as an actress, as a student and as a friend,” theatre director Mr. Brian Grunkowski said.

Arndt plans on pursuing theatre in college, where she will earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts.