Crowded hallways a visible reminder of bulging population

As+a+result+of+the+overpopulation+in+the+school%2C+halls+are+more+overcrowded+than+ever+

Kenadi Fowler

As a result of the overpopulation in the school, halls are more overcrowded than ever

Adrian Alvarez, Reporter

According to the Heritage students and administrators, students are having problems getting to class on time during passing periods due to the overcrowding in the hallways.

Since the new high school Memorial didn’t open as scheduled, Heritage been given way more students than the school was built for.

“When a school is built to hold 2,000 kids you’re gonna have overcrowding in the hallways when you have 2,200 kids,” Dr. Gray said, the person who handles the hallway situation

Dr. Katey Gray believes the hallway traffic will be better next year. Because that will be the time  Memorial will finally be opened and will lower the population of around 300 students

“You know we were schedule to have Memorial open, and so that would have relieved the campus of possibly 300 ish kids and the hallways wouldn’t be as necessarily as crowded,” Gray said.

Although the overcrowding will continue for the remainder of the school year, the school is taking action to help student get to class on time.

“The last two minutes we play music so that students know they only have two minutes to get to class,” Gray said. “That way if there anyone hanging out in the hallway, they know to hurry quickly at that point, and lately i’ve been trying to give kids verbal reminders in the hallway,” Dr.

The school is taking action with the hallway overcrowding, students explain their frustration for the hallway situation

Freshman Connor Eaton says his experience going through the halls is “running into people and really hectic.”

The school will just have to wait for Memorial to open to lighten the overcrowding problem, as it is “a direct reflection of Memorial not opening this year,” Gray said.