Adjusting as the new associate principal

You can find Dr. Gray between the front office, the hallways and the cafeteria.

As the new school year is starting to settle in, students are starting to recognize the new faces at Heritage.

Dr. Gray is already making an impact on the students and staff as the new associate principal.

“Dr. Gray has come in and has done a wonderful job working with the students and staff,” Lead Counselor Valerie Harrison said.

She worked at Independence last year and transferred to Heritage after the former associate principal left.

“She has continued the work of what Jennifer Redden left off and has picked up from there and has continued to make Heritage one of the premier high schools in Frisco,” Mrs. Harrison said.

Her job as the associate principal is to balance the master schedule, help out with the math department, and anything related to instructional leadership.

Dr. Gray is really enthusiastic about her job.

“The associate principal does a lot of things related to instructional leadership. So that’s something I’m really passionate about and having a role that’s more of a big picture role and developing my leadership skills,” Dr. Gray said.

Students and staff seem to love Dr. Gray’s presence already.

“Dr. Gray has a really warming and welcoming personality and she wants to hear what you want to say and then our react to that,” Math Teacher Aimee Davenport said.

“She’s a very hardworking person and she cares about other people more than she does herself, you know she wants you to be the better person and have a better future,” junior Quentin Russell said.

Over the next year, she hopes to advance the activity period.

“I’m really hoping that it really benefits the students and that they buy into it in a way that really helps them get a much better educational experience,” Dr. Gray said.