The student news site of Heritage High School in Frisco, Texas

Heritage Student Media

Heritage Student Media

Heritage Student Media

Battle of the Icons

Eras Tour vs. Renaissance: which do you choose?

Taylor Swift and Beyoncé. Two superstar sensations, yet completely different from each other.

Taylor Swift and Beyoncé are two highly-accredited Grammy award winning artists who have currently been touring. The Eras Tour, which is one of Taylor Swift’s biggest tours yet recaps all ten of her studio albums, and presents each album with its own sets, costumes, and feel. The Renaissance tour by Beyoncé is also one of the most ambitious tours in the history of her career. The tour showcases a unique representation of dance history and Black art that helps depict more inclusivity in music. Both of these tours are extremely different from each other, but both spread love for pop music. These tours have even earned their own names, Swift’s tour being nicknamed ‘’Ticketmaster-crashing’’ and Beyoncé’s being nicknamed ‘’record-breaking.’’ As of now, these tours have become one of the highest grossing in history. The achievements that both Swift and Beyoncé have achieved are influential to the rest of the pop industry as well.

The Print asked students which artists’ tour they would pick if they were pitted against each other. The graph below shows the results of the survey.

In support of the Eras Tour:

Eras tour, because the tour was very well-thought out and the costumes were so nice. It was her first tour in a long time so people really loved it and the younger generation can relate to Taylor Swift more,” said Sophomore Aditi Seshadri.

Eras tour, Taylor Swift is an international sensation and is one of the most popular artists today,” said one Heritage student. 

In support of the Renaissance Tour:

Renaissance tour because Beyonce in general is more iconic,” said Sophomore Nandini Pulipati. 

Junior Madison Ravin simply said “Renaissance Tour, Beyoncé is a queen.”

Vote in the poll below for who you would choose:

Eras Tour or Renaissance Tour?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.