Student Tests Positive for COVID-19

Staff and students were notified via email by Dr. Gray. Contact tracing and quarantining have begun.

Isabella Rodriguez, Reporter

This is a developing story. We have reached out to the school and students for official comments and are waiting for a response.

Staff and students were notified Sept. 10 that a Heritage student has tested positive for COVID-19, according to an email sent to parents. Students and teachers who have come in contact with the student have been notified by principal Dr. Gray via email. 

“Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 may not enter a District facility,” Gray said. “Employees and parents are required to report to the District when they or their student has tested positive, is experiencing symptoms, or is under quarantine due to close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.”

Any students or teachers who had contact with the student have been asked to self quarantine for 14 days as per the district’s Disease Mitigation Guidelines.

Any student or teacher who has tested positive is required to quarantine for at least 10 days after their symptom onset and their symptoms have improved. These students/teachers will only be allowed back with a letter of good health. 

The guidelines state that students and staff who have displayed symptoms consistent with the virus will also be required to quarantine for at least 10 days. To return, they will need proof of a negative test, confirmation of an alternative diagnosis, or a letter of good health.

You can view a list of active cases at all Frisco ISD schools here.