Student Council’s Prom Preparation

Millenia Watkins

Student Council members Colton Nelson, Krystal Li, and Emma Ebrey, took turns heading the prom ticket sales during lunches.

Prom is known to many students as one of the most memorable nights of high school.

“Prom night is special… prom night is just about making memories,” senior Connor Rayburn said.

Student Council started planning months ago in order to live up to the expectation. Throughout their planning, they have to prepare prom based on the theme they chose.

“Everyone kind of votes and sees what they want to do for [the] theme here in Student Council. And we each do a slideshow on what the decorations would be like, what the colors would be, stuff like that, like what the t-shirts look like, everything. And then we vote on what theme we like the most, and this year ‘Beauty and the Beast’ won,” junior Fernanda Gonzalez said.

“So we’re looking into teacups and chandeliers, what will look good. Kind of following the movie. Kind of following ideas off of online, and then trying to figure out how to make it our own and make it look the best for Heritage,” senior Ryan Roache said.

“The whole class gets a voice. And we all try to go out and see what other people want too, just so that we are not the only ones dictating everything that goes on,” senior Sydney Bryant said.

Student Council members have to split up the workload into groups.

“We split off the four groups into decorations, ticket sales, as well as posters, and awareness, and our group that does the prom ideas and stuff,” Roache said.

“We always just try to get the most we can done in the time that we have, so we all try to work together,” Bryant said.

As they collaborate, they also bond and cherish the teamwork.

“Whenever we see people’s reactions and everything towards our stuff, it’s kind of like ‘we did this together’ trying to represent the entire school, because that’s what Student Council is,” Rayburn said.

“We all come together and it’s just a diverse amount of ideas,” Roache said.

“Prom excites us because it’s everybody coming together and just creating one…night of magic,” Rayburn said.