3 Christmas Cookie Recipes

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pexels.com%2Fphoto%2Fsweet-cookies-christmas-baking-12190%2F%0A

https://www.pexels.com/photo/sweet-cookies-christmas-baking-12190/

Emma Finley, Reporter

This christmas season, the aroma of Christmas cookies will linger in the air of kitchens everywhere with these three cookie recipes to make for Santa.

The first recipe comes from freshman Camryn Spalding. Every year she makes these cookies with her aunt. It all started with a basic recipe, but every year they add onto it and change it to spice things up. Last year she made them chocolate, and this year she will be making them with cinnamon.

Ingredients:

3 ¾ cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

1 cup margarine, softened

1 ½ cups white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

Once you have mixed all of the ingredients, put them in the oven for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.

The frosting is an important factor. When making the cookies, Spalding and her aunt let the younger kids decorate while they make the prettier ones. They usually do this on Christmas Eve. The powdered sugar is the key ingredient and it adds a different flavor from other frostings making it taste so good.

The ingredients for the frosting are:

3 oz egg whites

1 tsp vanilla

4 cups powdered sugar

food coloring to add color (optional)

sprinkles (optional)

Directions:

Mix the egg whites, vanilla, and powdered sugar, then add food coloring as needed. Spread the frosting over the cookie and sprinkle some sprinkles on top.

This recipe is perfect for the Christmas season, or any holiday or special occasion because it is a good way to get creative.

Decorating cookies is a great way to spend quality time with family during the Christmas season.

Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie recipe.

This recipe calls for:

¾ cup granulated sugar

¾ cup packed brown sugar

1 cup butter or margarine softened

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

2 ¼ all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

1 package semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped up nuts (optional)

After mixing the wet and dry ingredients, add in the chocolate chips and nuts. Form the cookie dough into balls and put them into the oven for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. These cookies are best served warm with a glass of milk.

These cookies do not have to be just for Christmas, they are good for any time year-round.

People eat chocolate cookies all the time so it’s obvious this recipe is not just for Christmas or special occasions.

The third and final recipe comes from all recipes. This is a basic sugar cookie recipe for you to easily make in 25 minutes.

Ingredients:

2 3/4 all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp baking powder

1 cup butter softened

1 ½ cups white sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the wet and dry ingredients, then put the dough balls in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

You can also put candy in them like a Twix, Kit-Kat, or Reese’s peanut butter cup, or you can leave them plain.